Agile Series Online Education
Last year, PMI Southern Maryland Chapter (PMISOMD) and the University of Maryland Project Management Center of Excellence (UMD PM COE) co-hosted the Agile Project Management Series with a series of five Agile Project Management meetings in Prince George's County, and five meetings in St. Mary's County. The 50 PDU program was widely successful.
Now, the UMD PM COE has created an online Agile Project Management Series on EdX! They offer both a free version of the training and a paid version that provides unlimited access and an Agile Project Management Professional Certificate online. Over 500,000 people worldwide have registered!
Program details are below. To register for the course, click REGISTER or go to the Agile Project Management Professional Certification Page at the UMD PM COE site.
- Learn Scrum mechanics and how translate other Agile frameworks such as SAFe, Disciplined, and LeSS.
- Gain an understanding of Agile principles and how to apply them in any industry.
- Reduce risk of project failure by adopting agile results-based controls to close projects more effectively.
- Increase speed using lean/agile work management techniques.
- Improve project benefits with innovation and leadership approaches that unlock your team’s potential.
- Executors of all types
Whether you’re delivering a small part of a project or portfolios of large multi-million-dollar government works, these principles scale and apply to all industries to achieve delivery success.
Self Paced Courses and PDUs
The certificate consists of five individual courses and when all five are successfully completed, the certificate will be issued (for verified learners – see cost information below). All courses are asynchronous which allows individual students to sign up and start the courses when they want and at their own pace. Students from all sides of the project management community will also be able to collaborate with others registered in the program. The list below identifies the five courses required to complete the Professional Certificate program.
- Applied Scrum for Project Management (10 PDUs)
- Driving Speed Through Agile Planning (10 PDUs)
- Agile Solutions for Greater Innovation (10 PDUs)
- Agile Leadership Principles (10 PDUs)
- Agile for Project Control (10 PDUs)
Earn 50 PDUs for completion of all five (5) courses.
Each course is free for the first four (4) weeks and it takes approximately ten (10) hours to complete. For a small fee, edX does provide a Verified Certificate which provides proof for an employer, school or other institution that the course was successfully completed by the student. To qualify for a Verified Certificate, participants complete all aspects of the courses which can include watching all videos, participating in discussion forms, and completing any required homework and exams with a passing grade.
Costs for a verified version of each individual course in the Agile Project Management Professional Certificate program are shown below.
- $125 for individual courses
- $625 for the entire certificate (purchase all courses at once and save 10%. Total cost is $562.50. That’s only 11.25 per PDU.)
What Students Are Saying
- “Easy to follow and comprehend.”
- “I’ve recommended this series of courses to several business and engineering students, I advise you to do the same!”
- “The lessons are quick, direct to the point and with very interesting examples.”
- “Amazing course, that challenges you every step.”
- “I am quite sure I can use the knowledge I gained to manage Time and Resources in Project Management more efficiently.”
- “It helps understand the Agile world for someone who has worked with more traditional projects.”
- “Supporting US military efforts require accuracy and efficiency. We are passionate about it. In keeping with the integrity of our Nation’s military men and women, it is imperative that we provide them the best technology imaginable. The Agile Project Management program provides clear direction to channel team efforts in a more concise manner. I highly recommend this program to any organization relying on teams to get things done.” — Debbie Gray, Director of Human Resources, GTMR Inc.
- “This program took Agile from the theoretical to the practical. I shared information learned with my team after each session. The series was engaging and well worth my time.” — Chandra Knabel, Director of IT Services Strategy and Compliance, Breakthru Beverage Group
- “I wasn’t exactly sure Agile would be the right fit for our organization to meet our goals or our customers’ expectations, as software development is not one of our core business units. The understanding gained through the series continues to help us in areas we never before imagined.“ — Gary Miller, Senior Strategist and IA Director, Technology Specialists, Inc.
- “I gained a better understanding of Agile ie what it is, how it differs from traditional project management, and most importantly, how to apply it to my current organization.” — Greg Paradis, Program Manager, Precise Systems
*Class Central is the #1 search engine for free online courses