Alternate Job Title: IPM Master Scheduler or Project Planner
Work Location: Lexington Park, MD, 20653
Helping the US Navy be more efficient with acquisitions!
OMNITEC Solutions ( http://www.omnitecinc.com ) provides a wide range of analytical and strategic management support to the DOD / Navy acquisition portfolio of programs.
We have immediate openings for professionals experienced in project scheduling and project controls discipline to support our Navy customers. Our team supporting these critical missions for US Naval Aviation continues to grow and we invite you to apply. We truly believe we have a great and growing company with a long and trusting relationship with our Navy client. We are adding real value improving our DoD’s program management practices in an area of critical needs supporting our Warfighters and taxpayers. Our customers are buying and fielding amazing products enabling our nation’s Navy and Marine Corp fly into harm’s way in defense of our country.
Candidates with demonstrated analytical skills and extroverted personalities who like to solve problems are sought.
Quick Note #1: US citizenship and either an active clearance or the ability to immediately obtain an Interim Secret is required. If you are a US citizen and clearable, this is a great opportunity to be sponsored for your clearance!
Quick Note #2: These are full time positions with on-site work required in Patuxent River, Maryland, 20653. There is no remote or telecommuting available for these positions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duties will include tasks such as:
- Provide assistance to Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to organize and facilitate project planning activities;
- Develop large and complex Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) through interactions with members of the IPT;
- Status an IMS via recurring interactions with members of the IPT;
- Provide timely schedule performance reporting to support decisions at various levels of the project organization;
- Facilitate the controlled change of schedule baselines including analysis, communication and documentation;
- Participate and provide input into Program Management Reviews (PMR), IPT meetings, and other program-related events;
- Document and improve maturity of customer’s management processes.
Additional specific Scheduling focused tasks will also focus on:
- Applying the principles of project management;
- Customizing Gantt charts;
- Calculating and analyzing the critical path;
- Creating summary views and filters;
- Externally linking project files and managing sub projects; and,
- Working in a dynamic environment planning/maintaining multiple schedules at one time.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or a related field, or eight (8) years relevant work experience can be substituted for a degree;
- Four (4) years of work experience planning, scheduling, and statusing projects;
- Proficiency with scheduling tools, preferably Microsoft Project. Experience with other tools such as Primavera, or Deltek Open Plan will also be considered;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suites particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to establish rapport, gain an understanding of a customer needs, and to help influence decision makers via strong data analysis and reporting;
- Availability for Occasional travel within the continental United States;
- US citizenship and either an active clearance (highly preferred) or the ability to immediately obtain an Interim Secret is required.
- Ability to facilitate Schedule Risk Assessments and Integrated Baseline Review processes;
- Proficiency with probabilistic simulation tools such as Primavera Risk Analysis, Risk +;
- Experience with compiling project analysis and information into a portfolio level to support executive level briefs;
- Experience resource loading schedules with hours and dollars.
Please apply directly via this ad, or: http://omnitecinc.applytojob.com/apply/skD8X7OWct/Scheduler-Naval-Aviation-Acquisition-PPT
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.